In working with troubled teens, there's a couple of things we've come to realize:
1. Teens want to feel understood and respected for their opinions.
2. There is always an underlying cause to their negative behaviors, which can be identified with time, patience, and good communication.
3. Teens want a positive relationship with their parents and caregivers.
4. Teens often can't see the consequences of their behavior without good communication.
5. A positive peer system is of utmost importance.
6. Teens are incredibly resilient and can, indeed, change their behaviors.
Traditional "talk therapy" may not always work for teenagers (especially boys). We've learned what works and what doesn't in getting teens to open up about their personal challenges.
Your teenager is not without hope. Help starts today!